Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course Description
This course covers basic installation, operating, and troubleshooting services for the Linux operating system and hardware on workstations and servers. Basic system administration tasks are also covered.
CompTIA, Novell and Linux Professional Institute recently announced an international partnership to standardize their entry-level Linux certification programs on LPIC-1.
CompTIA Linux+ course has been revised and now contain an appendix which has additional content to cover the LPI exam requirements. This means that new revised course now cover the CLA 11, LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+ exams. Candidates looking to take any of these three entry level Linux certifications can now attend CompTIA Linux+ to prepare to take exams for all three certifications, and can effectively obtain the three certifications by taking two exams (CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI) and then applying for both LPI and CLA 11 status.
Intended Audience for the Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course
- Students who want internationally recognized credentials as competent Linux professionals.
- Individuals who are currently preparing for the SAIR Linux & GNU Certification exams.
- Individuals who need to acquire skills to install Linux-based systems and networks.
- Anyone who is interested in working in a Linux or Unix networking environment.
Training Packages & Career Tracks that include the Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course
- Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11)
- Career Track: Network Engineer (Multi-Platform and Security)
Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course Objectives
- Define and identify origins, benefits, drawbacks, and uses of the Linux operating system.
- Log in and enter commands on your Linux system.
- Properly shut down and restart your Linux workstation and use LILO to start your Linux workstation.
- Create and configure users and groups.
- Manage the filesystem.
- Manage rights to files and directories.
- Use Linux text editors and redirection to create and modify files.
- Archive files with tar, cpio, and other commands.
- Work in the X Window environment.
- Manage print services.
- Add and update packages through package management utilities.
- Configure the Linux environment.
- Multitask commands and manage multitasking.
- Configure and manage services.
- Configure network services.
- Work with hardware.
- Troubleshoot Linux systems.
- Prepare for Linux system installation.
- Install a custom Linux installation.
Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course Benefits
- Provide a realistic career path.
- Vendor- and product neutral course.
- Increase earnings potential.
- Stay ahead of the competition in this desirable industry.
- Earn an established industry credential that validates your networking expertise in Linux Platform.
Required Prerequisites for the Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) course
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
The Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course prepare students for the following Exams
- LX0-101 : CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Exam 1
- LX0-102 : CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Exam 2
Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) Course Outline
- System Architecture
- Determine and Configure hardware settings
- Boot the System
- Change runlevels and shutdown or reboot system
- Linux Installation and Package Management
- Design hard disk layout
- Install a boot manager
- Manage shared libraries
- Use Debian package management
- Use RPM and YUM package management
- GNU and Unix Commands
- Work on the command line
- Process text streams using filters
- Perform basic file management
- Use streams, pipes and redirects
- Create, monitor and kill processes
- Modify process execution priorities
- Search text files using regular expressions
- Perform basic file editing operations using vi
- Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy
- Create partitions and filesystems
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Manage disk quotas
- Manage file permissions and ownership
- Create and change hard and symbolic links
- Find system files and place files in the correct location
- Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- Customize and use the shell environment
- Customize or write simple scripts
- SQL data management
- User Interfaces and Desktops
- Install and configure X11
- Setup a display manager
- Administrative Tasks
- Manage user and group accounts and related system files
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
- Localization and internationalization
- Essential System Services
- Maintain system time
- System logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
- Manage printers and printing
- Networking Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of internet protocols
- Basic network configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Configure client side DNS
- Perform security administration tasks
- Setup host security
- Securing data with encryption
Benefits of taking the Linux+ Certification (Linux+, LPIC-1 and Novell CLA 11) course at Data-point